Tuesday, December 23, 2008

In survival mode...

So my little guy has reflux.  Poor buddy is spitting up and screaming every feeding.  Thankfully we got some medicine for him from the doctor that is supposed to minimize the pain he has with the reflux.  Amelia had reflux too, but no pain at all.  Not Shepherd.  He's a grunter, screecher, crier.  And he doesn't sleep more than one hour at night.  We're hoping the Zantac helps him. 

Needless to say, I'm exhausted.  And despite all my "no excuses" mentality, it's dang hard to think about eating healthy food when you're exhausted.  You just eat what is placed in front of you or you order out.  I made all these individual salads and put them in the frig.  They've sat there for 3 days.  :(  Just been totally out of it.  In fact, I feel like the last three days has been one long day.  

I feel like once I can get some sleep, I can function properly.  If Shepherd can extend his sleep just a little bit at night, I'll feel like a new woman.  At that point I'll add back exercise.  But right now I feel like my body is conserving energy for breastfeeding and taking care of my babies.  There's that fine line between going on a walk to invigorate you and give you energy and just doing it and feeling even more exhausted.  I'm feeling the latter.  

This too shall pass.

I'm setting small eating goals for the next week.  

1.  Drink lots of water.

2.  Don't over do it on sugar.

3.  Eat fruit.

Okay, my little man is sleeping, so I need to sleep too.  

2 comments:

Jacoline said...

Hang in there, girl. Like you said; this too shall pass...
I'll pray it will pass soon for you and your little boy (who must be exhausted too in his own way).

Unknown said...

I totally understand. My little girl had reflux, too. There was lots of crying and it seemed that everything in our house, her and I included, was coated in spit-up until she was about 5 months old. I wish you and your little man peaceful sleep. I think you'll get back on track in no time, but I agree, be kind to yourself at the moment.

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio