Sunday, August 27, 2006

To follow up on my weird day... I got on the scale this morning and it said 163.7 lbs. That's 5 lbs lost in 2 days! My body must have been retaining water or something. But- I feel MUCH better. One thing I did the last two days was really up my fruit intake and up my water. I think that helped get me back to where I was. I know this is TMI, but I think I lacked some fiber in my diet (if you know what I mean). Fiber is a girl's best friend.

Last night I went out to dinner with my friend Monica. We went to the Spotted Dog on North Ave- VERY GOOD! I had 2 glasses of wine and a chicken ceasar salad (dressing on the side). It was very yummy and I stuck to my points! Anyway- I had just done a load of laundry and washed all my jeans earlier in the day before I went. We all know what jeans do in the dryer. They shrink a size! I knew this before putting them on. I thought: I'm gonna have to do a lot of squats to make them wearable before I go out. Well guess what? I put them on and they fit without multiple squats! I know that's a small thing- but it's also a big thing to me. One step closer to a size 8.....

We leave for our trip to the Caribbean on Tuesday! I cannot wait! I'm a little nervous about my eating habits while there. I've never really been able to maintain a diet of any sort while vacationing, so this will be a new milestone for me. But it's a reality of life, so I need to learn how to do it without blowing it! I had a talk with Ed about it and he's agreed to keep me accountable. My goals are to try and stick to fruit in the mornings (those 5 star resort breakfasts are lethal!!) and something lite at lunch. That way I can spend my points on dinner and drinks in the evening. I can't wait for the kids to see the beach and play in the water. I'll have to post pics. Fischer is beside himself. He's anxious to see JuJu (my mom) and Doo Da (my step dad). And then we're going to surprise him with a plane ride AND the beach! Phew!

I weigh in tomorrow night (monday). I'll post the results.

No comments:

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio