Monday, September 06, 2010

Nerd Alert

I was coaxed by a friend this weekend to go to the Dragon Con parade.  I immediately declined until I heard there would be real life Storm Troopers and Fischer would lose his friggen mind if he saw one.

And so we went.





This is the only picture I had of Fischer.  He and his friend wedged their way to the front and actually got to fight Real Life Storm Troopers with their lightsabers.  And I could not hold my iPhone high enough over the people in front of us to catch it.  


Who ya gonna call?


DeLorean....


Scary ass alien thing that apparently everyone in Nerd Fantasy Land "got."


Millie was alarmed.



And last, but not least....Chewy.



After the parade I laced up my running shoes and set out for 6 miles.  I had Ed drop me off 6 miles from home.  For some reason it feels shorter or easier or something to run towards something, instead of back tracking.  I did the first 3 miles fine.  Then I got jittery.  Low blood sugar.  Not cool.  I tried to keep my run 5 min/walk 1 min ratio going but I couldn't.  Got the shakes and felt queasy.  I should have a good protein/carb/fat combo beforehand.  Lesson learned.  I needed to get home- so I just kept walking/running until I got there.  Then I devoured some pretzels with chocolate peanut butter.  It took me about an hour to get back to normal.  I hate that feeling.  And I was bummed because it was such a pretty day and I was really excited about getting that 6 miles in.  Felt like a waste.  Oh well.  Fall is coming and there will be many more running days to come.

But.. I'm trying to figure out some good pre run snacks.  I don't like running on a full stomach because it makes me sick.  But I need a snack a hour before.  Any of you runners have some snack ideas??  


No comments:

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio