Monday, September 13, 2010

Recipe: Greek Feta Chicken and Curried Rice

I've made this recipe a couple times and my family likes it, so I think it'll be lumped into the rotation.  If I had a rotation.  Having a rotation makes it sound like I have a plan.  Which I don't.  But I did...today!

Greek Feta Chicken:
1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts (3-4)
1 cup fat free greek yogurt
1 tbsp oregano
2 cloves minced garlic
salt and pepper
feta cheese

Put chicken breasts in a ziploc bag. Throw yogurt, garlic, oregano and salt and pepper in the bag.  Get out as much air as possible.  Massage around until all of chicken is coated.  Put in frig.  Marinate for at least 30 mins.  Put chicken under broil for 6 mins.  Turn and sprinkle each breast with feta cheese.  Broil for 6 more mins. 
Curried Rice:
2 cups cooked brown rice
Olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 carrot, sliced
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup raisins
1 tsp of curry powder
salt and pepper

Saute onion, carrot and almonds until onions are clear.  Add rice, raisins and seasonings.  Stir fry for 10 mins.  Add some broth if it dries out. 



I threw some of the leftover rice into hollowed out bell peppers and put them in the broiler: 


It's an Orange Meal:



2 comments:

Alessandra said...

jen did you always like the taste of a sweet potato like that or did it have to grow on you??
i. just. can't. do. it. lol

if you want, feel free to check out my blog... your old posts inspired me to track my food on my blog! :)
www.the5rubalcabas.blogspot.com

sunnymum said...

Looks tasty! Orange is the perfect color for a meal during this rainy weather we're having.

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio