Sunday, September 12, 2010

Running is Hard

I'm waiting for running to become easy for me.  I won't hold my breath.  It's always been hard with splashes of that "runner's high" here and there.  And that's ONLY after I run 3 or 4 miles.  Around mile 6 or 7 I start feeling it.  But who the hell runs after 6 or 7 miles??!

Me



Ed



We dropped the kids off at Ed's parent's and headed out for our 7 miler.  I was dreading it.  It's hot.  It's hilly.  And I'm so so lazy.  But I know I love it after I'm done.  And I walk around in an endorphin haze for a couple hours after.  All giggly and peaceful and sore.

And so we did it!  And I will never run at noon again.  Ever.  Never ever.  So hot and I had to walk a lot more than I normally do because I was feeling the sickies.  But I did it.  And that counts for something, right?

Our new plan for long runs is to spend the night with Grandparents and run at 6 or 7am to beat the heat. 


In other news:

I have this pumpkin vine that I was this close to pulling out because I thought it was a weed.  But then it looked like a zucchini vine.  But then I realized I didn't plant zucchini under my front porch.  But I did throw out my old pumpkins from last Fall under my porch!  And so I've weaved the vine every which way along the white picket fence in my front yard.  It's like Charlie Brown's Pumpkin Patch.  Except smaller.  And realer.  And more fun.

My first pumpkin harvested:





A poor little rotten fella':


And a bebe pumpkin with squash blossom:




Linus reminds me of Shepherd and his blanket toting ways:

No comments:

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio