Monday, November 10, 2008

Busy weekend. Lots of stuff going on. The holidays are fast approaching and time is flying. This is a good thing. Saturday night I had the pleasure of being woken up by painful contractions. Coming on every 5 mins and increasing in intensity. I spent 4 hours trying to get back to sleep and eventually gave in and got up. I took a bath and they got even stronger. Then I got worried. I'm almost 36 weeks and that's just too dang early for *me.* I mean, I'm all about getting this be be out, but anything before 37 weeks means I can't do a waterbirth at the hospital, so I was praying the contractions would stop. And, of course they did. They puttered over the course of the day. Coming about every 10 mins, then 15 mins then left. Unfortunately it left me very tired and crampy and just dead to the world. Oh the joys of false labor! Happens every time. I hoping it at least did me some good. Maybe a little ripening or dilating. Who knows...

So needless to say, I slept well last night. Like a rock, in fact. This morning I made myself some steel cut oatmeal and a Red Raspberry Leaf tea. My uterus has completely stopped contracting and I felt up for a walk. I walked 2 miles in the brisk air and felt good. I know baby is moving lower and lower because the back pain during my walks is getting lower and lower. Shifting and changing each day. People ask me why I keep walking if it hurts my back so much. Well, the problem aren't the walks, it's the baby. And the walks will only help the BABY come out, so I'm willing to subject myself for the odds of an earlier and smoother eviction. :) Plus, I get the cool endorphin release afterwards and that's really nice.

I'm going to do some yoga stretches tonight before bed. I gotta make some more room in there some how. Or at least give my muscles some comfort of some sort. I must say this every time, but I cannot wait to own my body again! I'll willingly give up the boobs, but my stomach and back will be all mine!!

Okay, gotta run. My bath is full and my body is ready.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember those days of being pregnant...

I couldn't wait to give my kids a hug again, see my feet, tie my own shoes & last but not least be able to drive!

Teresa Howard said...

well it sounds like we need to be getting together soon to talk about your upcoming birth desires- you think?

Jen Gordon said...

LOL. Yeah. I'm thinking sooner would be good. :) Especially since it's 3:30am and I'm up again with random contractions that wake me up....AGAIN!

Is one night of sleep too much to ask??

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio