Friday, November 21, 2008

Feeling the peace

I'm still not enjoying these last days of pregnancy, but I have to say this peace I've had the last few days has stuck around.  I'm in no hurry.  I'm taking these last days to just wonder about my child- who he is, what he looks like, what kind of personality he'll have.  Ya know, even you hard asses can get sentimental at the end.  You just want to see your baby's face.  

I had another bout of practice labor last night.  My midwife said he's down low again.  I definitely felt the contractions in my uterus and in my hips this time.  First hour they were 4 mins part, lasting 45 sec or so.  2nd hour they were stronger,  3 mins apart and lasting 1 minute.  I was breathing through them and just taking the opportunity to surrender to them.  Practicing all my pain coping techniques.  And despite that they kept me up until 2am, I was grateful I got to practice a little.  Makes me less anxious about the real thing.  Yes, and so of course they puttered out after I closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep.  This is just how my body likes to do things.  A couple run throughs, some rough drafts, fine tuning the details and THEN we'll be ready to go!  

Today was not a good eating day.  I guess when you're tired and you want energy, you try to convince yourself that sugar will help.  The kids had a Thanksgiving Feast at school and there were lots of holiday yummies.  I indulged.  And now I feel processed and sugared out.  Blech.  

I have my Birthing Again class tonight with just the women.  I'm looking forward to that time.  We've all been there, done that- so it should lead to some interesting discussions.  

My father and step mom are taking my kids tomorrow for the night.  I cannot tell you how nice that will be!  I'm looking forward to waking up slowly Sunday morning.  No sippy cups of milk to be prepared, making everyone's breakfast before I even decided what I'm having, no diaper  changes, clothes dressing, hair brushing.....  Ahhhhhhh......

No comments:

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio