Saturday, November 29, 2008

Well, I've done it again

I've managed to injure myself.  This time it's my pubic bone.  I was bathing the kids last night and was in a squat next to the bath tub to wash them up.  When I went to stand up I slipped into an involuntary split.  Then, when trying to recover and catch myself I slipped again into ANOTHER split.  I tell you, I've never felt pain like that.  It felt like I cracked the front of my pubic bone.  Thankfully Ed ran in and picked me up.  I couldn't move for the first 10 mins.  And now this morning I can't walk, get up, sit down, or roll over.  I'm okay if I'm laying on my side, but I can't move or else it hurts.  Sweet.  

Talked to my midwife this morning.  She said she's pretty sure I pulled apart my pubic bone.  She ordered 3 days of immobility in the bed and some extra strength tylenol.  That and binding my hips to help relieve pressure.  Thankfully I already have a binder that I got from my chiropractor to hold adjustments, so that's good.  

I'm just relieved that I have an opportunity to heal before labor.  I cannot imagine trying to labor like this.  I mean, I stood up this morning and literally could not put one foot in front of the other.   

Hey, on the bright side- maybe I did myself a favor by creating more room for the fatty to slip through!  *nervous laughter*


3 comments:

brocks*mom said...

OMG, that hurts to think about. My DH said that he saw that move on a self-defense show - you can hit people there to make it where they can't walk. I hope that you heal nicely before labor. poor thing!!

Heather said...

oh hon! bless your heart, that sounds terrible!!!!
i cannot imagine.
hang in there and i'll send up a quick prayer for you right now.

saraward said...

I'm so sorry you have to go through that pain! I know it is very excruciating! I've had SPD (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) throughout all 3 of my pregnancies and can very much sympathize with you. Exercise aggravates mine, so beware and try to lay low for awhile. I hope it goes away for you soon. Mine usually goes away after the birth which is 5 more weeks for me!!! Take care and hang in there sweetie, I know it's hell. :)

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio