Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I did it! I ran 3 miles! And the weirdest thing is that it wasn't as hard as I expected. ? Maybe it was a mind thing. I set my alarm for 6am sharp (yawn) and after hitting snooze 2 times, I got my butt out of bed and went to the Y. I did 3 miles in roughly 38 mins. Yah! That was a major goal for me. :)

Today will be a fun day. I'm on carpool duty for our preschool group of friends so I gotta get a shower in and get dressed. I plan on getting a nice, hot mocha after I drop the kids off. Thank God there is a Starbucks drive thru right next to the church. Tonight we have dinner plans with some friends. We got a sitter for the kids and I'm chowing tonight! We're going to OK Cafe. (www.OKCafe.com) This is one of my all time favorite places to eat. I already went to their website and decided on my meal. 1 bowl of brunswick stew (5 pts), 1 side of squash souffle (6 pts and totally worth it), 1 side steamed cabbage and a diet coke! I saved my Flex points to splurge tonight. :)

Nothing major to report. Stay OP is MUCH easier when the holidays are over, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you. I told you I would be reading your blog. What is the name of the book you bought for running? I forgot, read it on the WW board. Do you really need to investigate "how" to run or can you just go out and do it. Thanks, you are an inspiration and your blog if SO POSITIVE.

Jen Gordon said...

Yes, I totally recommend a running guid of some sorts. There is all kind of practical info that I would have never known. From shoes, to how to breathe, to menstrual cycles! Very informative.

Here's the two I have:

The Complete Book of Running for Woman

The Non-Competitive Guide for Runners (geared towards moms-great!)

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio