Monday, October 27, 2008

Back in the swing...

It's been birthday weekend at our house so I've been busy with my mom in town and celebrating Fischer's and my birthday (we share a birthday).  I cannot tell you how much sugar I've had in the last week.  It's been out of control!  It's to the point where I feel sick thinking about sugar.  I'm glad it's Monday.

Today I'm taking my neglected pup on a walk.  She's been acting out lately (chewing up toys and hyperactive) and I know it's because she needs some activity.  I keep going on my walks without her because I drive to a park to walk and end up running errands afterwards and don't feel like toting a dog in my car.  I don't know why I don't like walking in my neighborhood.  I guess it's not big enough and there are lots of hills.  Hills and Jen aren't friends right now.

I'm *thinking* about cutting out carbs the remainder of this pregnancy.  I hate low carb diets.  HATE them.  But, that seems to be what I over eat most.  Plus, the sugar is just out of hand.  And since I have a history of packing it on in the last weeks, I thought I'd follow what my last OB suggested when I was gaining too much with Amelia.  He just said not to eat anything white.  So, whole grains are okay.  Whole wheat pasta is fine- once a day.   But cut out sugar, bread, processed junk.  We'll see.  I've give it a test run today.  I'm moving so slow already I'm a bit scared of how much slower I'll get if I gain a lot in the next 6 weeks.  

So, the plan today is 2 miles this morning and then back to the house to clean a bit and get some laundry done.  Maybe even a nap before the kids get back from school.  Ed and my mom bought me porch swings for my birthday.  One for the front porch that hangs and one for the back deck that's freestanding.  I plan to let the kids play outside all afternoon and swing.  

No comments:

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio