Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Oh thank God it's Wednesday!

Fall Break is officially over and my kids are school!!!  I've got CNN on and drinking my homemade mocha and planning my day.  It's raining outside, so I think the first priority of the day will be to get a walk in on the treadmill.  It's been 4 days.   Today is the first day I've felt up to doing some real exercise.   My goal is 2 miles.  If I feel good, maybe 3.

I finally got my custom made orthodics from the chiropractor yesterday.  I wore them all day and they definitely make a difference in how my back feels.  Fallen arches suck.  I'm so glad I bit the bullet and had them made.  The store bought ones weren't really doing it for me.  

I've been thinking a lot about being OP once this baby comes.  I miss that excitement of seeing the scale drop in numbers.  It is such a big motivation for me and really helps me stay OP.  It's so hard staying OP when you know you're gaining anyway.  Like I said before, I have no clue what I weigh right now.  I won't get on the scale and I don't look at my prenatals.  I do know that I'm still in medium maternity jeans and I'm 8 months.  That's a victory in and of itself.  With Amelia I was in XL.  Fischer- L.  So the fact that I'm still in medium jeans is my NSV.  Tops, on the other hand-- I'm a L.  Mainly (as you can see in my humorous photo below) that I'm all freaking belly.   Well, and ass and thighs, but the obvious is the belly.  :)  My belly acts as though it's trying to win a race and stick it's nose further and further out every day.  No wonder my poor skin couldn't recover and just gave up and resorted to a skin apron after I lost all my weight with Amelia.  Poor little skin...  Poor little skin that I want to hack off and tuck.....  Wait, where was I?

Oh yeah,  NSV!  (Non scale victory)  I'm finding that being pregnant and staying OP is completely based on NSVs.  Numbers just don't mean a darn thing.  Like I said, I've gained about the same as the other pregnancies, but my body is shaped differently and my "size" is smaller.  Which, will be easier to take off afterwards.  And I'm also more focused on healthy foods.  Not to say I don't eat crap sometimes, because I do.  But I'm also way more likely to eat a salad and get my fruit and dairy in than I was before.  And I never did exercise with either of my other pregnancies.  The fact that I love exercise and crave it is such a funny thing when I think about my mind set 5 years ago.  

That said.  I need to hop on the treadmill!

2 comments:

brocks*mom said...

You are most definitely all belly! I'm sure your weight will come off in no time. WTG on Size M pants:)

Linda said...

And with that being said, I am off to the treadmill also. WTG on your NSVs!!!!

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio