Friday, October 03, 2008

Germs...

I officially caught Ed's cold.  I woke up feeling like hell.  Clammy, throat hurting, yada, yada, yada.  The kids and I ran to Costco to get paper goods and dog food.  My poor dogs have been out of food for two days and I've been giving them scraps.  Once I got back I pretty much hit a wall.  Luckily my husband had mercy on me and let me take a nap.  The nap basically extended into the evening.  My body just needed rest.  There are some perks in working for yourself.  Thank God Ed had a day where he could take the kids.  

I caved and bought some bulk dry goods at Costco.  I know I said I'd wait until Monday to buy any food.  But I was there and already used the gas, so I bought some stuff.  They have Kirkland's brand Organic Instant Oatmeal.  The last box I bought lasted us 3 months. Picked that up.  I also got some applesauce, canned fruit, canned veggies and some bulk lean ground beef and ground turkey.  I feel like we're stocked for the month.  

I haven't had much of an appetite today.  But here's my tracker, nonetheless.  Unfortunately I'm not up for walking.  I'm going to let my body rest and then pick back up Monday.

Breakfast:
Homemade Whole Wheat Raisin-Almond bread with whipped cream cheese (2 slices)
Mocha

Lunch:
Annie's mac-n-cheese
Salad with romaine, carrots, tomatoes, mozz cheese, sunflower seeds, crutons and videlia onion dressing.  (Very good!)

***slept all afternoon***

Dinner:
Blueberry yogurt with some grape nuts sprinkled on top
peach
Glass of Emergen-C

I have a baked potato in the oven for later.  Ed ordered pizza for the kids since he's in charge.  LOL Luckily I'm not at all tempted to eat any.  Doesn't sound good at all. 

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh man. i know how it feels to just crash sometimes. i got a little cold about an month ago and tim let me sleep that day. it was heaven.
hope you feel better soon, chicky.

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio