Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Gas, traffic court and APs

Last night Ed and I took the dogs on a walk in the early evening.   Then afterwards we decided to have a spontaneous romantic dinner at a local Italian place.  We figured since we were childless, it would be fun to just go.  You mamas know that just doesn't happen after chillren.  Ed eats his Lemon veal over pasta thingy which was MUCH better than my Eggplant Parmesean (Kelle- remember those days?  Doesn't work!).  Luckily I had my fill of garlic knots.    

Anyway, I  had a quarter of a tank of gas in my car and had traffic court in the morning and was supposed to drive up an hour away to my sister in laws to pick up some baby stuff.  We figured I better fill up now than, in the morning.  Everywhere we went was out.  OUT.  EVERYWHERE!  We live downtown and ended up driving all the way out to the suburbs to find a place.  Well, actually we didn't find a place at first.  In fact, we wasted my entire 1/4 tank of gas trying to find a place.   Only two places had gas and were completely swamped with cars lined up down 4 lane roads.  It was so weird.  Ed kept saying it was so creepy.   We decided to wait in line at one place, which ran out of gas while we waited and then two people ended up fighting for the last pump.  It was then that we realized that we should stop by his parents house who were close by and see if they had some gas for the mower that could get us home.  Luckily they did.  So we head back downtown and miraculously find a QuickTrip that had no lines and plenty of gas!  Very strange.  We filled up.  

I get in bed at 12:30am and my alarm goes off at 7:00am.  I head out to my $*^&(^#$@$@ traffic court appointment.  You see, a few weeks ago I was backing out of my driveway and bumped a plumbing truck that was park directly behind my driveway.  No damage to his car at all. Small scratch on mine.  He INSISTS on calling the cops.  I get a ticket.  So this morning I show up and realize I have to plead No Lo as pleading "not guilty" (by reason of no damage) will result in a court date around my due date.  So...after 3 hours of sitting and waiting, I get to make my plea and pay $235.  Great.  Just great.  That's $235 I need right now.  Ugh.  Not only that, but the elevators were broken and I had to walk up and down 5 flights.  I was huffing and puffing like a cow in labor.  In fact, the court officer was very sweet to me and I think it's because he thought was seriously about to pop as I waddled in.  Anyway, these scenarios only bring out what my CAM friends call "The Plap."  Pregnancy induced rage.  I have no idea why we call it the Plap- but it feels right.  

I'm counting those damn flights of stairs as some APs earned.  At least I'll get something out of this day.  

So far I've had some homemade Raisin Nut Bread I put in the bread maker last night.  3 slices.  One of them with cream cheese.  And a glass of skim milk. That's been my breakfast and snack. I'm too tired to make lunch.  I'm going to take a nap and hopefully I'll wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed.  I have some cleaning to do.  

No comments:

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio