Friday, March 27, 2009

Come on weekend!!

So yesterday I got officially "fixed".....well, for 10 years anyway.  My womb now carries a handy, dandy copper IUD.  NO MORE KIDS!!!!!!  Whooooo hoooooo!  I'm done!


Okay......can I tell you how much I'm LOVING this non diet thing?  I got on the scale and it said 168 lbs this morning!  Yah!!!  Anyway, I'm feeling so good.  Feeling free.  Feeling light.  Feeling good.  

OH!  And I got into a pair of size 8's!!!!!  10 more lbs and I just might be able to get into all my old jeans (mostly 6's, some 4's)!!!

We're having some friends over tonight for dinner.  I'm making Stack-a-roll Straganoff.  It was a childhood favorite that my sweet mother in law made for her kids regularly.  Ed loves it and so do I.  I'm making a yummy salad with walnuts, gorgonzola and raspberry vinegerette.  And some Riesling, of course.  

Then tomorrow we're having more friends over for breakfast.  I'm making a Breakfast Casserole, some fruit, coffee and OJ.  Should be good.  

Here's the tracker:

Breakfast:
Wasn't hungry.  Truly!

Snack:
Mocha

Lunch:
Publix Turkey Sub (ate 3/4 of it)
A few chips

Snack:
Wasn't hungry

Dinner:
Stack a Roll
Salad
Wine


5 comments:

Jen said...

That stroganoff recipe looks great; I may need to try that.

Susan said...

Wow, I weight 167 and wear a size 12, how tall are you?

Congrats on a great week. I love your blog...you are such an inspiration to me.

Susan
sschnitzler@nycap.rr.com

Nan said...

Hey Jen,
Did you by any chance, answer Susan's question as to your height. My 8's are wearable, not the best looking, but wearble, and I am 159.
I think women have such a hard time comparing ourselves to others and that stinks!
Congrats on 160's and 8's!
Nan

Jen Gordon said...

Susan and Nan- I'm 5'7". I don't know why I wear a size 8 at this weight. That was not the case before I had kids. I was 147 and wore size 10s. So, there ya go!

When I'm at 140 lbs I wear a size 4. ??? All I can think is that I've gained muscle and toned in areas I never was before I had kids.

Susan said...

Jen...thanks for answering my question. I am only 5'3" so that explains why I wear a 12!

This just confirms that I am not too chubby, just too short!!! ;)

Susan

Premade Design by Delicious Design Studio